Thursday, July 20, 2006

My night off the couch

Last night my friends and I decided to abandon our couches and attend the free UCB comedy show at the Central Park Summerstage. "Free" is a word that makes my heartstrings tremble with joy. And, I must say, Rob Heubel's ferocious roar does things to me I can't admit, even to my imaginary friend/alter ego Pervert McHumpmenow.

Highlights!

1. It was a nice night, with plenty of room to spread out on the ground and have a nice little picnic. Nothing better than overpriced Whole Foods sushi and cold edamame!

2. The comedians that showed up were funny. One of them threw donuts. Nothing better than throwing a donut!

3. Rob Heubel and Paul Scheer as Central Park rangers/hosts were funny, especially when they renamed Sheep's Meadow "Fingerbang Field," and Belvedere Castle "Dragon's Come Castle."

4. "J.D. Salinger" was brought out to introduce The Titte Brothers. Everyone started snapping pictures, including me, just because I am no match for peer pressure, even though I highly doubt he came out of seclusion just to read off some index cards. Unfortunately, photographic experts will never know from my picture, because my cameraphone is no match for distance. Please see below.



Lowlights

1. "Scheduled" performances by Demitri Martin, David Cross, and Amy Poehler did not happen.
2. The line was as long as the line to get into Lindsay Lohan's pants, and moved much slower.
Speaking of pants, even though we had a blanket, the ground/fake turf was wet and by the end of the show; everyone looked like they had wet themselves in anticipation of David Cross, all for naught.
3. The continuous screaming by The Titte brothers of "boobies!!!" as the closing act was a big ol letdown.

I don't know if there's a lesson to be learned here, unless it's wear waterproof pants to CP Summerstage and that I have a weird crush on yell-y comic Rob Heubel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home