Monday, January 15, 2007

Happy MLK Day

Oh, hey Blog. How have you been? Oh, cool. Me too. What? What is it? Don't look at me like that. I know I promised I'd take better care of you and actually try to put some real work into this relationship, but I lied. I'm a liar, okay? A big fat lazy liar.

I've had a lot to deal with lately. I mean, sometimes I do things at work. My boss started coming in on time which meant I had to come in on time and not just five minutes before him so he'd think I'd been there since nine. And it's really hard to get the balance going, the switching between Firefox (so many open tabs!) and Word and In Design and work email, while making it appear that I am actually accomplishing something. When in truth, I like to get things done when my boss isn't there to see, for some self-punishing reason that probably has to do with my father and his nagging me to clean my room, or you're grounded and I would be like stop yelling at me, I'll do it, I don't need to see the floor and then I'd only clean it when he finally gave up and stormed out to "go throw myself into the lake."

No one is at work today. Because it's a bank holiday, holy MLK day, when most normal people get to relax and think on the state of civil rights then and now. But not us. Nope, not this magazine. We are so committed to bringing you quality content, that we do not have the day off. Except for the people who took the day off.

That brings me to why I'm here, Blog. I wanted to say I'm sorry, one more time. I wanted to say I've missed you, and I hope we can work it out. And if not, it's okay because I'll just be back in another month and a half or so.

xoxo

Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home